Third Annual North Anthony Corridor Block Party
Save the date for September 11, 2016 for the third installment of this exciting community event. Join us for live bands, food and drink, free yoga classes, street performers, pet activities, family and children’s entertainment, and much more in promoting the vibrancy and quality of life in the North Anthony Corridor. Additional details to follow as they become available.
If you have a business or organization along the North Anthony Corridor, we want you to be involved! Fill out the registration form and let us know how you'd like to participate.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
Second Annual North Anthony Corridor Block Party
We wish to thank all or sponsors and everyone who participated in making this a great success. We look forward to our 2016 event.
See below for some pictures of the fun!
MANY THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS:
Join us on the North Anthony Corridor for an afternoon of food, drink, merriment, and a host of other activities!
(see the map and schedule of events for more details)
Ride your bike or walk to the Corridor (you can drive, too) for all kinds of fun things to do:
- Allen County Soil and Water Conservation District - local history enthusiast and conservation professional Matt Jones will be leading a short walk to the St. Joe Dam while outlining the significance of our city's three rivers and speaking on current conservation efforts involving the rivers and their watershed (at 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm - meet in front of Firefly Coffee House)
- Bookmark - sidewalk sale and in-store deals on books of all kinds
- Center Stage Academy of Dance - children's dance performance (at 4pm in front of Wooden Nickel Records)
- Concordia Lutheran High School - students will be facilitating facepainting, chalk drawings, and a drone/video demo
- CORE The Resource Store - hosting a bike parade (decorating will be from 3pm to 4pm - supplies will be provided/parade at 5pm)
- Creative Framing - photo booth
- Firefly Coffee House - local artisans will be selling their creations
- FW Medical Clinic - offering $15 flu shots; free blood pressure, height, and weight checks
- green DogGoods - artists will be doing dog or human caricatures; paw print painting; doggie ice cream available/taking donations to green DogGoods Rescue and All-Star Geyhounds
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church & School - bounce houses and school activity area with prizes
- INRUSH bicycles - free bike parking and bike helmet raffle
- Longe Optical - offering kid-friendly and wellness activities
- On The Boulevard - art show featuring works by Tim Brumbeloe, Paul Demaree, Michael Mettler, and Michael Poorman
- Powerhouse Family Worship Center - information booth and free water
- State Farm (Danny Lai) - donating bike helmets for INRUSH bicycles raffle/information booth
- Studio Seva - conducting a free yoga class (at 3pm) during the Block Party
- Subway - beginning September 1, pick up coupons that may be used during the Block Party (while supplies last - North Anthony location only)
- Sweets So Geek - bottle & bottega will be leading a painting party in their parking lot
- Wooden Nickel Records - in-store specials and 10% off store-wide during Block Party hours
Enjoy food and drink from the following vendors:
- Chrome Plated Diner - food tent selling coney dogs, chips, and pop
- Firefly Coffee House - drink features and lunch special plus in-store drawing for giveaways
- Health Food Shoppe - until 5pm: product sampling/ready-to-eat food, baked goods, natural sodas and drinks for sale
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast Hospitality Program - students will be selling good eats and tasty treats along the Corridor
- Jamison Meats - in-store specials during Block Party hours
- Old Crown Coffee Roasters - beer tent
- Sweets So Geek - special desserts and drinks features/"like" them on Facebook and get 10% off in-store
Other activities facilitated by the North Anthony Corridor Group include:
- fire truck tours
- bubble station
- balloon artist Kevin Harris
- caricature artist Randy Martin
- chalkboard furniture for creative kids
- bounce houses
- cornhole tournament (2:30pm near Old Crown Coffee Roasters)
See the map and schedule of events for more details.
Also see our Facebook event.
Parking is available at Concordia Lutheran High School, Holy Cross School, First Source Bank, and the lot at the former Scott's/Rogers Grocery (northwest corner of Crescent Ave. and N. Anthony Blvd.)
Stick around after the Block Party for more fun! The Old Crown Coffee Roasters beer tent will remain open with music by Babe-alon 5 (6pm), and Holy Cross Lutheran Church will be hosting a concert by singer/songwriter Don Wharton (6:30pm).