About the North Anthony Corridor Group
In 2004, a group of area residents formed the North Anthony Alliance (NAA) and set out to engage the business and property owners in the North Anthony Boulevard/Crescent Avenue area in revitalization efforts. Over the course of the next five years, the NAA's work resulted in significant changes and improvements to the physical appearance of the area. After a three-year hiatus, the organization was revived as the North Anthony Corridor Group (NACG). This group has developed a strong social media presence, injected life into the North Anthony Corridor through regular events such as Walkable Wednesdays and an annual Block Party, and continued efforts to encourage area businesses and organizations to work together to create a vibrant commercial environment.
The NACG works within the boundaries of the North Anthony Corridor, defined for NACG purposes as the triangle formed by North Anthony Boulevard, Crescent Avenue and Coliseum Boulevard East, including all adjacent buildings, parking lots, public spaces, etc.
what we've achieved
- Beautified the neighborhood with sculptures and banners
- Facilitated physical connections to the IPFW campus and Rivergreenway trail system
- Increased public awareness of the NAC
- Provided a voice and advocated for local businesses, organizations, and nearby academic campuses
- Facilitated three block parties to foster a sense of community and vibrancy
where we're going
- In April of 2015, we embarked on a planning process to define the vision of the NAC, and in October 2015, formed working groups to form specific goals toward this purpose. The final plan was revealed in August 2016. We look forward to continuing to improve our community and in engaging visitors in all it has to offer.